What Is Circumcision?
Who is Circumcision surgery for?
Circumcision is usually performed on young boys, as a preventative measure, but it can also be belatedly performed on older boys. Medical Circumcision is usually for men who have foreskin-related complications.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits for circumcision which included:
- 10x lower risk of a getting a urinary tract infection (UTI) in his first year of life
- zero risk of getting infections under the foreskin
- easier genital hygiene
Older boys & men:
- much lower risk of cancer of the penis — although this is a very rare condition and good genital hygiene also appears to reduce the risk
- a possibly lower risk of getting sexually transmissible infections (STIs) — although this has not been scientifically confirmed, and safe sex practices are proven to be effective
What happens During Surgery?
Circumcision for young boys is just a few minutes.
For older boys & men, Medical Circumcision can take 30 – 60 minutes.
How long is my hospital stay?
You should be able to go home the same day.
What is my recovery time?
For young boys, recovery can take up to 2 weeks.
For older boys & men, it’s usually 4 weeks.
Self Pay Surgery Costs for Circumcision Surgery in Australia
Circumcision Self Pay Surgery Package includes
Click the locations on the map below to compare package prices - currently showing the locations closest to you
Do you qualify for This Self Pay Procedure?
You are suitable for this surgery if:
- You have a Body Mass Index under 40
- You are over 16 years of age
- Your are not pregnant
- You do not require complex rehabilitation or have a chronic disease that would require immediate post-operative care in an intensive care unit
- You do not have sickle cell anaemia, renal failure or have had a cardiac arrest or cardiac intervention (e.g. insertions of stents) in the last six months
Our fully integrated medical services across the entire healthcare spectrum give every patient one-stop access. We collaborate with a wide network of partners, our own private hospitals, specialist surgeons, GP clinics and support health staff.