What Is Circumcision?
Self Pay Surgery Costs for Circumcision Surgery in Australia
Circumcision Self Pay Surgery Package includes
Circumcision Self Pay Surgery Price
Click the locations on the map below to compare package prices - currently showing the locations closest to you
Public Wait time can be up to
The Public Health System In Australia Has A Waiting Period For Urological Surgeries - 90% Of Patients Waited This Length Of Time For This Procedure In The 2019/2020 Calendar Year.
Who is Circumcision surgery for?
Circumcision is usually performed on young boys, as a preventative measure, but it can also be belatedly performed on older boys. Medical Circumcision is usually for men who have foreskin-related complications.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits for circumcision which included:
- 10x lower risk of a getting a urinary tract infection (UTI) in his first year of life
- zero risk of getting infections under the foreskin
- easier genital hygiene
Older boys & men:
- much lower risk of cancer of the penis — although this is a very rare condition and good genital hygiene also appears to reduce the risk
- a possibly lower risk of getting sexually transmissible infections (STIs) — although this has not been scientifically confirmed, and safe sex practices are proven to be effective
What happens During Surgery?
Circumcision for young boys is just a few minutes.
For older boys & men, Medical Circumcision can take 30 – 60 minutes.
How long is my hospital stay?
You should be able to go home the same day.
What is my recovery time?
For young boys, recovery can take up to 2 weeks.
For older boys & men, it’s usually 4 weeks.
Do you qualify for This Self Pay Procedure?
You are suitable for this surgery if:
- You are over 16 years of age
- You are not pregnant
- You do not require complex rehabilitation or have a chronic disease that would require immediate post-operative care in an intensive care unit
- You do not have sickle cell anaemia, renal failure or have had a cardiac arrest or cardiac intervention (e.g. insertions of stents) in the last six months
If you’re looking for ways to pay for your surgery, there are options available with Self Pay Surgery. From using your own superannuation, to getting finance from one of our Pay Later payment providers, check our Payment Plans page for the details.
Our fully integrated medical services across the entire healthcare spectrum give every patient one-stop access. We collaborate with a wide network of partners, our own private hospitals, specialist surgeons, GP clinics and support health staff.